Technology Leadership Academy for Teachers
The TLA for teachers will assist educators in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to use technology as a tool for more effective and efficient integration in their classrooms. Various free digital portals, applications and resources will be explored including Google & Microsoft applications. SAMR will be explored as research based technology integration tools. This long-term academy is for all media or tech specialists, and classroom teachers. Registration includes one day attendance at the METC Conference, including the Leadership Luncheon. The academy goals are to:
• Improve teaching by integrating technology into lessons using SAMR
• Develop a vision of how to use technology to improve student performance focusing on the ISTE Standards
• Assess tools & Open Education Resources (OER) based on the needs of your students
• Research practical strategies and frameworks, like Future Ready for using technology in your classroom
* Learn techniques for modeling and teaching digital citizenship
• Expand your professional learning network of colleagues
Jonathon Lee, Instructional Specialist, METC, EducationPlus
This is a BYOD academy. EducationPlus has a few laptops for loan during workshops upon prior request
Classroom Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Curriculum Coordinators, Technology Specialists.
October 11, 2018
November 15, 2018
December 6, 2018
January 10, 2019
February 12, 2019 @ METC Conference, St. Charles Convention Center (valued at $245-$315)
February 28, 2019
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
EducationPlus, 1460 Craig Rd., St. Louis, MO 63146
October 8, 2018 or until registration is at capacity
3.0 college credit hours available upon request for an additional fee of $100 per credit hour to be completed 90 days from the last day of the academy.