Technology Leadership Academy for School Leaders
Our 20th TLA includes practicing Thought Leaders, blended learning activities, and two major METC events.
This year our EdTech Leaders will provide professional development through their combined knowledge and skills. We'll focus on best practices for using technology as a tool that supports you with more effective and efficient leadership in your schools. Our academy is for all educational leaders, including superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, curriculum or tech coordinators. Registration includes DigCitDay AND two days attendance at the METC Conference, including the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Luncheon and the Leaders in Education Luncheon.
• Enhance digital leadership skills through modeling good digital citizenship
• Learn about research based technology integration tools like SAMR & TPACK
• Develop a vision of how to use technology in your personal and professional life, including communicating with social media
• Model a 21st century leader in education, including communicating with social media & participating as a cohort member of an online portal
• Explore National Education Initiatives including the ISTE Standards, Future Ready Framework and Open Education Resources (OER)
• Develop an action plan for using technology in your role as a leader
• Expand your professional learning network of colleagues
Stephanie Madlinger, Director of Educational Innovation / METC, EducationPlus
Joe Sanfelippo, Superintendent, Fall Creek School District, Wisconsin
Ted Huff, Francis Howell School District, Missouri
This is a BYOD academy. EdPlus has a few laptops for loan during workshops upon prior request.
Principals, Instructional Coaches, Teacher Leaders, Curriculum Coordinators, and Technology Specialists.
September 21, 2018 @ DigCit Day, Webster University
October 3, 2018
January 23, 2019
February 11 & 12, 2019 @ METC19 Conference* St. Charles Convention Center * includes Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Leaders in Education Luncheons
March 6, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Lunch will be on your own, except at #DigCitWeekend & #METC19
EducationPlus, 1460 Craig Road St. Louis, MO 63146
3.0 college credit hours available upon request for an additional fee of $100 per credit hour to be completed 90 days from the last day of the academy through Lindenwood University.