METC19 Spotlight Educators Application & Nomination
The deadline to submit nominations / accept applications is 11pm Central, May 30, 2018
This recognition honors leaders from the region in education technology, whose practices are making a difference for students and teachers. This is reflected in increased knowledge, improved skills and academic achievement by integrating technology into their instructional practices. Those selected as spotlight educators must be a certified educator in any of the Missouri neighboring states (Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma and Tennessee), must have completed the submission process and have extensive experience in EdTech. They have demonstrated motivation, transformation and connection using technology to improve teaching and learning. Those chosen as METC Spotlight Educators eligible again for the honor five years after they’ve received it.
All METC Spotlight Educators receive:
1. Free registration to the 2019 METC Conference
2. Membership to the METC
3. Framed Certificate of Recognition
4. Special invitation to the METC Speakers Dinner
5. Early notification of the METC Special Events
6. Press Release
7. Special recognition during the 2019 METC Conference
8. METC Swag
* Complete the online application / nomination form by May 30, 2018 at 11pm Central
(If you are nominating someone, you need to notify them and work together to complete the form.)
* Provide two references
* Submit a video that demonstrates you / your nominee’s presentation skills
- Start with applicant / nominee on camera introduction
- Show an example of work, including the outcome / impact
Example: the impact on students by showing student work, etc. or the impact on teacher by testimonials, teacher work, etc.
- Describe the impact & reflect on the personal learning
- 3 minutes or less
- Cite all resources, including your own (Citation of sources is not included in the time limit)
- NOTE: Use the link to copy the template for planning purposes. Thank you for supporting our METC Program!
METC Spotlight Educator Requirements:
1. Attend the 2019 METC Conference, February 11-13, 2019 (free)
2. Present three sessions total; one each day. This does not include sessions with co-presenters.
3. Agree to have your name and picture advertised in eNewsletters, the METC website and other conference promotional materials.
4. Be a practicing educator in Missouri or one of its neighboring states.
Please contact Stephanie Madlinger at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.