STEAM-ing Up STEM Academy
In the Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) Academy, you will have the opportunity to participate in virtual field trips and regional excursions, as well as experience hands-on STEAMy activities. We will explore ideas of combining real-world activities along with problem solving and team building to come up with a solution. Join METC in this STEAM-tastic Academy; STEAM-ing Up STEM! STEAM Academy Participants will:
- Engage in challenging educational pursuits through STEAMy excursions & virtual field trips
- Reflect on personal learning through online chats & discussion forums
- Collaborate & model digital citizenship through teaching and sharing resources & ideas
- Construct STEM / STEAM lessons & activities, connecting to PBL
- Discover learning resources connected to the ISTE Standards & Future Ready Frameworks
- Explore contemporary and emerging technology resources like Google Apps, OER, Discovery Education, etc.
- Experience the importance of self-directed learning & professional learning networks
K-8 educators, Curriculum Coordinators, Instructional Technology Coaches, Library Media Specialists
Presenter: Stephanie Filardo is a Google Certified Educator/Trainer/Innovator, Nearpod Author, #EduSnap16 and #EduSnap17 contributing Author, and METC PAC (Planning and Advisory Committee) member who teaches technology/computer science classes at St. John Vianney High School in St. Louis, Missouri. She previously taught math and special education at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. Stephanie uses technology to differentiate and take new approaches to the curriculum. She enjoys helping teachers solve problems and rethink their classrooms using technology. Stephanie tweets @i3algebra and blogs i3algebra.blogspot.com.
October 3, 2018
November 7, 2018
December 5, 2018
January 23, 2019
February 12, 2019 @ METC Conference, St. Charles Convention Center
March 6, 2019
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (except for the METC Conference in Feb)
$700.00 EdPlus/METC Member; $875.00 Standard Price
3.0 college credit hours available upon request for an additional fee of $100 per credit hour to be completed within 90 days of the last day of the academy.