METC18 Spotlight Educators Application & Nomination
METC18 Spotlight Educators
The deadline to submit nominations / accept applications is 11pm Central, May 15, 2017
This recognition honors leaders from the region in education technology, whose practices are making a difference for students and teachers. This is reflected in increased knowledge, improved skills and academic achievement by integrating technology into their instructional practices. Those selected as spotlight educators must be a certified educator in any of the Missouri neighboring states (Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma and Tennessee), must have completed the submission process and have extensive experience in EdTech. They have demonstrated motivation, transformation and connection using technology to improve teaching and learning. Those chosen as METC Spotlight Educators are eligible again for the honor five years after they’ve received it.
All METC Spotlight Educators receive:
1. Free registration to the 2018 METC Conference
2. Lifetime Membership to the METC
3. Framed Certificate of Recognition
4. Special invitation to the METC Speakers Dinner
5. Early notification of the METC Special Events
6. Press Release
7. Special recognition during the 2018 METC Conference
8. METC Swag Bag
* Complete the online application / nomination form by May 15, 2017 at 11pm Central
(If you are nominating someone, you need to notify them and work together to complete the form.)
* Provide two references
* Submit a video that demonstrates you / your nominee’s presentation skills
- Start with applicant / nominee on camera introduction
- Show an example of work, including the outcome / impact
Example: the impact on students by showing student work, etc. or the impact on teacher by testimonials, teacher work, etc.
- Describe the impact & reflect on the personal learning
- 3 minutes or less
- Cite all resources, including your own (Citation of sources is not included in the time limit)
METC Spotlight Educator Requirements:
1. Attend the 2018 METC Conference both February 13 and February 14, 2018. (free)
2. Present two sessions total; one February 13 and one February 14. This does not include sessions with co-presenters or pre-conference workshops.
3. Agree to have your name and picture advertised in eNewsletters, the METC website and other conference promotional materials.
4. Be a practicing educator in Missouri or one of its neighboring states
Please contact Stephanie Madlinger at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.