Technology Leadership Academy for Teachers
The TLA for teachers will assist educators in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to use technology as a tool for more effective and efficient integration in their classrooms. Various free digital portals, applications and resources will be explored including Google & Microsoft applications. SAMR will be explored as research based technology integration tools, as well as the Future Ready Framework, Open Education Resources and Digital Citizenship. This long-term academy is for all media or tech specialists, and classroom teachers. Registration includes one day attendance at the METC Conference. The academy goals are to:
• Improve teaching by integrating technology into lessons using SAMR
• Develop a vision of how to use technology to improve student performance
• Assess tools & Open Education Resources (OER) based on the needs of your students
• Research practical strategies and frameworks, like Future Ready for using technology in your classroom
* Learn techniques for modeling and teaching digital citizenship
• Expand your professional learning network of colleagues
Jonathon Lee, Instructional Specialist, METC, EducationPlus
This is a BYOD academy. EducationPlus has a few laptops for loan during workshops upon prior request
Classroom Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Curriculum Coordinators, Technology Specialists.
September 27, 2017
November 9, 2017
December 14, 2017
January 8, 2018
February 13, 2018 @ METC Conference, including the Leadership Luncheon (valued at $245-$315)
March 1, 2018
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
EducationPlus, 1460 Craig Rd., St. Louis, MO 63146
September 25, 2017 or until registration is at capacity
All training sessions will take place at EducationPlus at 1460 Craig Rd. except for the Feb. 13th session, which will be at the St. Charles Convention Center
3.0 college credit hours available upon request for an additional fee of $100 per credit hour to be completed 90 days from the last day of the academy.