Technology Leadership Academy for School Leaders
The TLA will assist in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to use technology as a tool for more effective and efficient leadership in their schools. This long-term academy is for all educational leaders (superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, curriculum or tech coordinators). Registration includes one day attendance at the METC Conference.
The academy goals are to:
• Enhance digital leadership skills through modeling good digital citizenship
• Learn about research based technology integration tools like SAMR
• Develop a vision of how to use technology in your personal and professional life, including communicating with social media
• Assess strengths and needs of your staff in the area of technology
• Explore National Education Initiatives including the ISTE Standards, Future Ready Framework and Open Education Resources (OER)
• Develop an action plan for using technology in your role as a leader
• Expand your professional learning network of colleagues
Jonathon Lee, Instructional Specialist, METC, EducationPlus
This is a BYOD academy. EdPlus has a few laptops for loan during workshops upon prior request.
Principals, Instructional Coaches, Teacher Leaders, Curriculum Coordinators, and Technology Specialists.
October 4, 2017
November 29, 2017
January 10, 2018
February 13, 2018 @ METC Conference, including the Leadership Luncheon (valued at $245-$315)
March 7, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Lunch will be on your own.
EducationPlus, 1460 Craig Road St. Louis, MO 63146
All training sessions will take place at EducationPlus-Craig except for the Feb. 13th session, which will be at the St. Charles Convention Center
3.0 college credit hours available upon request for an additional fee of $100 per credit hour to be completed within 90 days of the last day of the academy.