Technology Leadership Academy for School Leaders
The TLA will assist in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to use technology as a tool for more effective and efficient leadership in their schools. This long-term academy is for all educational leaders (superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, curriculum or tech coordinators). Registration includes one day attendance at the METC Conference. The academy goals are to:
• Enhance digital leadership skills through modeling good digital citizenship
• Learn about research based technology integration tools like LoTi, Grapplings and SAMR
• Develop a vision of how to use technology in your personal and professional life, including communicating with social media
• Assess strengths and needs of your staff in the area of technology
• Explore National Education Initiatives including the ISTE Standards, Future Ready Framework and Open Education Resources (OER)
• Develop an action plan for using technology in your role as a leader
• Expand your professional learning network of colleagues
Stephanie Madlinger, Ed.S. is the Director of Educational Innovation & METC Affiliate at EducationPlus.
This is a BYOD academy. EdPlus has a few laptops for loan during workshops upon prior request.
Principals, Instructional Coaches, Teacher Leaders, Curriculum Coordinators, and Technology Specialists.
October 19, 2016
December 7, 2016
January 11, 2017
February 14, 2017 @ METC Conference, including the Leadership Luncheon
March 8, 2017
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Lunch will be on your own.
EducationPlus-Woodson, 4433 Woodson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63134
All training sessions will take place at EducationPlus-Woodson at 4433 Woodson Rd. except for the Feb. 14th session, which will be at the St. Charles Convention Center
3.0 college credit hours available upon request for an additional fee of $100 per credit hour to be completed within 90 days of the last day of the academy.