DigCitDay: Moving Beyond Internet Safety 10/6/17
CharacterPlus and the Midwest Education Technology Community (METC), two of EducationPlus’ premier learning programs, are combining their knowledge and resources about character education and technology for a 2nd annual Digital Citizenship Day.
Along with our partners from the Digital Citizenship Institute, we invite educators, parents and community leaders to this full day of learning how to educate our digital citizens.
Communicating in our digital world requires good choices and appropriate etiquette. Setting expectations and securing privacy settings on mobile devices and applications is only the first step, there is so much more to educating our students to be safe and responsible in the digital world. As teachers, leaders, parents or community members, it’s critical that we create savvy, ethical digital citizens in today’s world.
Digital Citizenship Day attendees will:
- address cyberbullying and model positive social behaviors;
- explore resources that address digital and media literacy;
- collaborate with educators, students and community members to support positive digital change;
- learn best practices from various stakeholders including national experts, students and regional educators; and
- share action steps for protecting and educating while using online platforms.
Friday, October 6 | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Parkway School District-‐‑Instructional Learning Center
View Archives of #DigCitDay17
Experts and organizations across the globe are creating valuable content regarding digital citizenship. We invite you to explore these resources during our DigCitDay and in the future.
BrainPOP - https://www.brainpop.com/digitalcitizenship
Common Sense Education - https://www.commonsense.org/education/digital-citizenship
iSafe - http://www.isafe.org
ISTE Standards for Students - https://www.iste.org/standards/for-students
Twitter DIgCit PLN - https://twitter.com/digcitPLN
Digital Citizenship Week - October 16-20, 2017 - follow #DigCitWeek